Automotive Maintenance In Littleton
Comprehensive Auto Maintenance Littleton, CO
When you bring your vehicle to Thompson Automotive for an oil change, we don’t just do the bare minimum. As a value-added service for all of our customers, we include with every oil change a complimentary tire rotation performed by a qualified automotive technician. In addition, we conduct a bumper-to-bumper inspection to determine if any other critical components may need attention. These components could include brakes, radiator or cooling parts, fuel system equipment, and steering or suspension components.
Other Littleton oil change providers just want you in and out of their bay as soon as possible. And, while we do conduct our oil changes efficiently, we also take the time to ensure that your vehicle is safely suited for the daily driving you expect out of it. Lastly, we make sure to use only the best lubricants, fluids, and replacement parts specifically recommended by the manufacturer of your vehicle. At Thompson Automotive, you can trust your ongoing automotive maintenance to ASE-certified mechanics who will promptly and professionally care for your vehicle as if it were their own.
When is the last time that you brought your vehicle into the shop for some care? If you’re like many of us out on the road, you may neglect your vehicle’s regular maintenance intervals. While your car may still run, without regular maintenance, its performance will slowly diminish. And over time, its components will wear out prematurely. Don’t put unnecessarily hard miles on your car — bring it by our shop for the Littleton auto maintenance it needs. You’ll see better performance, better mileage, and fewer required repairs down the road. If you’re ready to bring your wheels into the shop, we’d be happy to schedule an appointment — simply reach out to us to get started. You can also continue reading to learn more about our maintenance services.
Why Maintenance Is a Must
Every car, truck, van, and SUV has unique needs for ongoing maintenance. These needs depend on the make, model, year, and mileage of the vehicle as well as your driving habits and any aftermarket equipment that may be installed. Granted, the most basic, important maintenance you can provide for your vehicle is a regularly scheduled oil change.
While you may only need to bring your vehicle in for oil changes every three months or 3,000 miles (or as recommended by the manufacturer), there are other maintenance services for other engine systems that will inevitably be needed to keep your vehicle running smoothly. Be mindful that your vehicle requires a variety of maintenance procedures to continually run as if it were fresh off the production line.
Littleton Auto Maintenance Services
How Often Should I Bring in My Vehicle?
It’s best to stick with your manufacturer’s recommended maintenance intervals to ensure that you don’t cause unnecessary wear and tear to your vehicle’s parts. Each make and model has different maintenance intervals, so you should consult your owner’s manual or search online for recommendations for your specific model.
That said, the general rule of thumb is to schedule oil changes every 3,000 to 5,000 miles (depending on the oil used) or every 3 to 6 months. In addition, plan on bringing your vehicle in to a mechanic around the 30,000, 60,000, and 90,000 mile marks to ensure that your fluids, filter, hoses, and belts are in good shape. Below, we’ve outlined a few key maintenance intervals that you should keep on the schedule to ensure that your car is running in tip-top shape.
Other Factors to Consider
Depending on how you drive your vehicle, you should schedule maintenance more or less often. For example, those who drive in wet or muddy conditions often may require more maintenance on their brake lines or rotors, since they’re more liable to endure rust. Pay attention to the following factors which may impact the regularity of maintenance required for your vehicle:
- Your driving style: If you’re an aggressive driver with a lead foot, then your vehicle will require more maintenance, more often. Consider replacing your oil more frequently, and be mindful that your transmission fluid may wear out more quickly. Also, if you’re constantly braking hard, then your brake system will wear more quickly. Keep fresh fluid in the lines, and make sure that your pads/rotors/discs don’t wear to the point that they’re no longer useful.
- Your local climate: While weather here in Colorado is relatively dry most of the year, we do get exposure to some rain, plenty of snow, and mag-chloride (that chemical stuff that is sprayed on the roads to de-ice them). If you drive in wet conditions or snowy conditions, your vehicle’s undercarriage may endure more weathering. In addition, rapidly changing temperatures can also cause wear and tear, and may lead to a leak in your vehicle’s fluid systems. If you keep your car in a warm, dry garage year-round, then you won’t see much wear and tear to your vehicle, and you can probably opt for a longer service interval.
- Traffic patterns: Do you spend time in stop and go traffic for hours on end? Or does your commute consist of a 10-minute leisurely highway drive to work every day? Traffic conditions will eventually impact your vehicle’s rate that it endures wear and tear. Be mindful of how traffic conditions affect your driving patterns day in and day out, and bring your vehicle into the shop more frequently if you’re constantly pressing the gas and brake pedals as you drive.
Plan for the Road Ahead
Having a plan for the routine maintenance of your vehicle is the most economical, forward-thinking step you can take to ensure that you get the most out of the investment you’ve made in your vehicle. Part of this plan is knowing when basic services like oil changes and fluid flushes may be needed. To help with this, Thompson Automotive can provide you with a schedule of manufacturer-recommended service intervals, so you know exactly when to set your next appointment with our technicians. Need us to work with your hectic schedule? No problem! Just tell us what times work best for you, and we’ll do all we can to accommodate you.
Our Parts and Labor Warranties
Whether the vehicle you drive has 5,000, or 250,000 miles on it, we are your partners for long-term reliability and vehicle safety. All of our parts and labor come with a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty, and we never recommend service or repair unless they are necessary.
The Benefits of Regular Auto Maintenance in Littleton, CO
When it comes to vehicle maintenance, the benefits far outweigh the costs. Here’s why:
- Fewer repairs and longer repair frequency: First and foremost, you won’t have to have your vehicle repaired as much or as often, so long as you maintain its components. Maintenance will extend the life of most parts of the vehicle, so that you don’t have an unexpected breakdown and costly repairs. Think about your engine, for example: With plenty of fresh oil, the right amount of coolant, and clean air pouring through the air filter, your engine will run like a “well-oiled machine.” If you neglect these maintenance routines, your engine may be overworked, it may overheat, and its efficiency will be diminished.
- Better performance and gas mileage: You’ll notice continually high performance out of your vehicle, so long as you stick to recommended intervals. Your car will accelerate more quickly and brake more quickly with proper maintenance. In addition, you’ll see better gas mileage out of your vehicle over its lifespan.
- Fewer breakdowns on the road: Nobody likes to spend time on the side of the road, waiting for a tow. Avoid costly, inconvenient breakdowns with regular maintenance and inspections. During a maintenance appointment, we’ll let you know if a part is about to fail, and we can work on your car while it’s in the shop!
- Better resale value for your vehicle: If you plan on selling your car at some point down the road, then auto maintenance in Littleton, CO can work wonders to keep the resale value high. You can boast about your vehicle’s performance, and, if you’d like, you can provide buyers with a pristine maintenance record that will inspire confidence in the longevity of your vehicle.
Early Detection Means Lower Costs
Auto Maintenance In Littleton
- Award Winning Auto Repair Shop
- Committed to Delivering Excellence
- ASE-Certified Technicians
- 7-Time Spectrum Award Winners
For Scheduled Maintenance, Contact Us Today
We take the health of your vehicle seriously, and we’re here for whatever maintenance need may come next for you. For quality automotive maintenance, trust the pros at Thompson Automotive – we serve all of Littleton and the surrounding Denver Metro area. Get in touch with us to schedule an appointment for upcoming vehicle maintenance.