When your car starts acting up, you should know precisely who to go to in order to get it running optimally again. Everyone needs a local mechanic they can trust and depend on. However, it is easier said than done to find a top mechanic in your area and not an auto shop where the employees are just looking to make a quick buck. Here are some steps to finding the best mechanic where you live.
See What Services the Mechanic Offers
You should go to a one-stop shop for all your automotive needs. Whether your vehicle needs new brakes or a wheel alignment, your mechanic should have the expertise to get the job done quickly. It is for this reason many people in Englewood turn to Thompson Automotive. Our auto shop provides a litany of services, including:
- Transmission service and repair
- Timing belt service
- Suspension and steering systems repair and service
- Fuel system repair and service
- Engine repair
- Cooling system and air conditioning repair
- Electrical system repair
- Differential repair and service
- Changing and starting systems repair
Find a Shop That Works on Your Make and Model of Car
Before spending time driving over to a shop, you should see if they have the parts and training necessary to work on your specific car. Many shops are only designed to handle one brand of vehicle. The professionals at Thompson Automotive are experienced with working on Acura, Lexus, Toyota, Subaru, Mitsubishi and Honda vehicles. That means you can bring your car, van, truck or SUV here for prompt service and peace of mind.
Interview All Potential Mechanics
If you are still not convinced a mechanic is right for you, then you should sit and chat with him or her until you feel confident one way or the other. This could be the mechanic you go to for many years, so you want to, so you should understand this person inside and out. Some good questions to ask during an interview include:
- How many years of experience do you have?
- What types of parts do you use?
- What are your payment policies?
- Do you guarantee your estimates?
- What type of training do the mechanics who work here receive?
- Are there any inspections I will have to pay for?
One thing is certain. You will be impressed with the expertise and craftsmanship at Thompson Automotive of Englewood! Contact us the next time your car could use a tune-up, and we will make sure one of our local mechanics is on the job.